Complete this Qualification with the Certificate 3 Guarantee Funding for eligible students! Funded by the QLD government.
Part Time Course Dates:
Courses are subject to sufficient student numbers. Insufficient numbers will result in cancellation (10 days prior) and students will be notified by phone and email.
If the dates above are not suitable, you can always register interest and you will be notified of any new dates when they are added.
Discover the world of interior decoration, and explore your creativity. Whether you are planning on embarking on a career in Interior Decoration, or just wanting to develop your skills for your own interest, this course will equip you with sound industry knowledge and a confident ability to provide a wide scope of decorating and design services.
Using a diverse range of theory-based and practical components, students will work on creating design concepts and developing them into realistic project-based assignments. Students will be involved in addressing specific client briefs and producing conceptual colour and finishes boards which can contribute to their folio presentations.
Specifically, during the course of their studies, students will:
- Learn how to interpret and address a client brief – identifying key factors necessary to confidently advise customers on the selection and specification of decorating and design products;
- Explore the fascinating world of colour, both in theory and psychology, enabling students to competently select and specify colour for interior spaces;
- Develop the skills to complete technical drawings for interior decoration projects;
- Create material boards for project presentations;
- Study the essential elements and principles of design, which are the building blocks of all successful interiors;
- Develop skills in visual design, using creativity to successfully showcase design concepts and decorating products;
- Develop skills in drawing to communicate ideas and skills in electronic presentations to clients;
- Appropriately assess and select decorator products to meet client requirements.
Pursuing a career in interior decoration through the Australian Institute of Creative Design equips students with the qualifying skills which are highly sought after in today’s competitive Design Industry. Furthermore, completing the Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Interior Decoration) provides students with the opportunity to undertake further studies if they wish. Students who have completed the Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Interior Decoration) course will receive direct entry into our Diploma in Interior Design and will receive credit for any units covered by both qualifications.
Notably, Australian Institute of Creative Design courses are taught by trainers who have vast experience within the Decorating and Design Industry. This gives our students valuable and relevant insights from trainers with real and current industry experience.
- Interior Decorator (residential)
- Assistant Interior Designer (residential)
- Interior Stylist
- Retail Interior Decoration/Furniture sales assistant
- Kitchen & Bathroom designer/ showroom assistant
- Project home sales assistant/colour consultant
- Visual Merchandiser
- Property Stylist
- Colour Consultant
Qualification and Units of Competency
On successful completion of the course, students will be awarded the CUA30715 Certificate III in Design Fundamentals qualification which is nationally recognised as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have 2 or more years industry relevant experience? Have your experience recognised and increase your employment prospects by applying for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Through RPL you could reduce the duration of your studies. RPL assessed on a case by case basis, so it is only available upon application.
*Students will be charged an administration fee of $200 per unit of competency.
VET In Schools
This course is suitable for high school students to complete as part of the ‘VET in Schools’ program. The course has been structured so that the finish date is in accordance with the VET reporting dates to the Qld Studies Authority to allow students in Year 12 to have this course contribute to their high school certificate.
Students who are going in to year 10, 11 or 12 and are interested in completing this course, should contact us to receive the course enrolment pack. We recommend that they then visit their school careers councilor or VET coordinator to discuss their interest in undertaking the course with them, prior to enrolling.
As this is a certificate III program, successful completion of this course will enable students to obtain 8 points towards their high school certificate.
The course runs 1 day per week over 35 weeks from 9am-4.30pm.
Click on the arrows below to go forward or backward through each intake’s term dates. Please note that term dates are subject to change, please contact us to confirm future dates if required.
Required Course Equipment & Additional Costs
Students will need to provide the following equipment:
LAPTOP / NOTEBOOK MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Students accepted into the program will be required to have a laptop computer with a wireless network connection. The following minimum specifications are required:
- Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n
- Minimum 4Gb RAM
- 64 bit Operating System
- 2.5Ghz faster processor
- Web Browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari) (free online)
- Anti-Virus Software.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free online)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or higher (Required programs- Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
* Please check software manufacturers minimum system requirements. Student pricing available.
Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.